Monday, July 26, 2010

T is for terrible

I am really trying to understand if T is not wanting to learn, learning and pretending to not understand, or if he really doesn't get it. He has talked to me about what he has learned in the past when he was in daycare, and he "teaches" me about what he knows, but when I try to teach him, it doesn't work.
D recorded a short movie called T is for Terrible and it was just a short film based on a scholastic book by the same name. I wasn't really paying attention to it but there was once sentance that stuck out in my mind, that I will discuss in a later blog, but anyway, T seemed really interested in this movie, so I think I will buy the book, if I can find it. Any way the best part was after it was over I asked T "did you like the T is for Terrible" he answered with "no mommy, T is for Timmy"!!! He got it!!! He understood!!!
For some reason my son doesn't want me to know he is learning what I teach him, but he is infact learning. Maybe it's because I'm mom, in the past even my toughest of of kiddos in daycares or preschools were not as hard to read as my own son. I am hoping it is just because of that and because I am his mom I might be too close to the situation to see what is really going on. I am not giving up though, I have only been doing this for a week, I will give it it's proper time.

No comments:

Post a Comment