Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You Can't win em all

Today, preschool didn't go that well today. I think maybe we got too late of a start, my fault. I need to stay a bit more regimented, and not stay in bed two extra hours watching cartoons just because it is raining outside, and T is extra cuddley.

I just couldn't get T's attention today, and he seemed lathargic, and lacked confidence. He kept getting up and saying he couldn't, at one point he even ran to his room and moved toys in front of the door as if trying to block me out. He did really well during the bible story. I am not giving up, but a bit discouraged today. Things did perk up when I got the markers out and let him use those rather than the crayons, but he still didn't seem interested in the lesson.

I think I will focus on something else. Why did I name my blog, Teaching My Front Door?
Because we lack space in our house and the refridgerator has never been a good place to display much as it is in a cramped space and things don't stay up there when someone walks by. I have the ugliest front door in the world, and so I thought I would add some color to it by way of attaching T's workbook pages and things to the front door. Just maybe my front door will learn something by osmosis.

Now for some exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment